Summer are already here and all the heat related issues are going wild in the city. Body odor is the most common problem people face. Sweating is considered healthy as it flushes out the toxins from our body.
Bathing multiple times or using deodorants is what we do multiple times. Here are a few natural home remedies that will help you fight body odour.
- Lemon: An excellent skin pH balancer, lemon is a must-have weapon when it comes to fighting unpleasant odours. It is also an immune booster; lemon’s acidic nature prevents the growth of odour producing bacteria on the skin.
- Tomatoes: An excellent skin pH balancer, lemon is a must-have weapon when it comes to fighting unpleasant odours. It is also an immune booster; lemon’s acidic nature prevents the growth of odour producing bacteria on the skin.
- Water: Also known as the universal solvent, there isn’t a thing that this wonder liquid can’t do. Drinking lots of water will remove the toxins from your body, thus, keeping the odour at bay.
- Oils: Our good old coconut oil is of the best home remedy to fight off body odour. It keeps the skin properly nourished and curbs the growth of any bacteria. Also, essential oils like pine, lavender and peppermint can also help prevent odour and give off a pleasant aroma. Keep in mind to test these oils on the back of your hand before using, just to make sure that you’re not allergic to it.
- Rose Water: Just add a few drops in your bathing water and you can reduce the use of deodorants for the day. It is one of the most effective and least harmful ways of fighting off body odour. Another advantage of rose water is that it keeps you fresh and clean during these hot summer days.
- Vinegar: Be it apple cider or white, vinegar can help reduce the pH levels of the skin, thus creating an environment where bacteria cannot survive. Dip a cotton ball in vinegar and gently rub it on your underarms. It isn’t advisable to do it right after you wax or shave. Make sure to test it on a small patch of skin before you use it, just to make sure you don’t have any reactions to it.